We are pleased to announce the 5th Brendan Lally Photography /MEDA Dance Training Scholarships!
Rules and Guidelines:
- MEDA will award up to $200 per scholarship to use for regular classes, workshops or private lessons (as long as it is bellydance related!)
- Funds awarded are paid directly to the provider of the workshop/ training in the scholarship application
- Open to current MEDA members who have been a member for a minimum of 12 months of the last 24 months (If you have let your membership lapse, register now to become eligible to apply next year!)
- You may submit up to 3 different entries, however only 1 entry per person will be selected
- Scholarships cannot be applied to past workshops or events
- Requests for training within British Columbia will be given priority
- Members of the MEDA Board of Directors are not eligible for the scholarships
- After completing your training, scholarship winners must submit an article related to the scholarship training for a future issue of SAHDA, or be available for an interview with a MEDA Board Member
Keep your description under 150 words (2 – 3 short paragraphs) and include:
- “Dance Scholarship” in the subject line
- A phone number where we can reach you
- A specific description of the training for which your scholarship would be applied
- An explanation of why you want to take this training (i.e. build confidence, develop dance stamina, learn a specific dance skill, expand your dance knowledge in a certain area, etc.)
- As much information about your request as possible including dates, times, location, etc.
- Content in your request that is thoughtful (one line submissions will not be considered)
Apply by email: firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, March 7th, 2017
Entries meeting the above criteria will be reviewed and selected by a random draw by the MEDA Scholarship Committee. Winners will be announced at the MEDA Grand Bazaar and contacted by email.
We look forward to receiving your submissions!!!